I have anniversaries for the wierdest things. I’m kooky that way.
One anniversary of mine is my appendix anniversary (appendixary?) – the night I had my appendix yanked out by a bunch of young doctors I had absolutely no confidence in.
My partner thinks I’m nuts, every year when I remind him of this momentous day. He doesn’t like bad stuff to be remembered I think. Oddly, although I am now terrified of hospitals, it was a happy memory for me – perhaps due to the morphine drip. I just remember smiling and laughing a lot – too much in fact. I’m very proud of the huge scar too.
Today I celebrate my bloggiversary.
These are my wishes for the next year. Honestly, just off the top of my head. It’s 1.15 am right now, so please forgive me if I sound incoherent.
I am almost afraid to write them down. Somehow things I write down, don’t always materialize. But out of 10 things it’ll be good that I’ll probably at least get 1 or 2 wishes fulfilled. As they say reach for the moon and you’ll get the stars?
1. Find out the best platform to sell photos and see if it’s worthwhile to sell them. Do I lose my copyright then?
2. Find out more about making an e-book. Start with a mini one, that no one but my mum would appreciate, so that the task won’t seem so daunting.
3. Write an authentic long form article and submit it, preparing my heart for cold, blunt rejection or more likely – no response at all.
4. Learn – History, Politics and more about the English Language.
5. Teach – Blog about more substantial topics – stuff that I never knew before and have learnt recently.
6. Try to write as authentically as possible on this blog.
7. Be more discerning about the photos I post – some of them are quite crappy and I’m running out of free photo uploading space.
8. Better time management, so that I can actually get some of the above done.
9. Write more meaningful comments when I visit your blog. Please forgive me for the short or absent comments. Sometimes I just appreciate your post and I don’t have anything meaningful to say.
10. Advertise my freelance writing services, perhaps.
Hope I’m not biting off more than I can chew. I tend to do that.