I only like reading reviews after I have read a book. Decided to do 3 word reviews of the books I’ve read instead. No chance of spoilers that way.
I really need to pick it up as I’ve only read 5 books in 3 months. Although I did enjoy taking particularly long with Remains of the Day, savouring it slowly. The library does give you 3 whole weeks to read a book.
Anyhoo, I would recommend these 5 very strongly. All of them are novels – fiction. I noticed that I have been gravitating towards fiction although last year I did read the Happiness Project by Gretchin Rubin. The characters by these award winning authors have been lovingly portrayed and they remain in my memory long after.
1. Kazuo Ishiguro: Never Let Me Go (haunting, disturbing, fragility)
2. Kazuo Ishiguro: Remains of the Day (dignity, waste, loyalty)
3. Rohinton Mistry: A Fine Balance (poverty, nostalgia, love)
4. Peter Mayle: Anything Considered (frothy, gourmet, fun)
5. Kurt Vonnegut: Mother Night (shocking, morality, war)