Some of this may be weird or positively gross to most people. It just happens to be heaven to me. It’s what makes a bad day a whole lot better. Most of it is an acquired taste since I was 6 years old. Who can blame a 6-year-old for being a bit gross. Unfortunately the taste stuck and now my all time comfort foods require generous dunking and dipping.
In the spirit of blogging, being honest, horrifying my partner and risking my reputation, here goes:
1. Dunking hot toast spread with butter and strawberry jam into a cup of milky coffee.
2. Fresh soft white bread with butter, jam and cheese dunked in light milky tea.
3. Thick cut french fries in chilli sauce, bbq sauce and sour cream
4. Nutella on soft white bread
5. Marie Biscuits dipped in milk tea
6. Steamed rice with tomato ketchup (I guess this is the worst one, but luckily this hasn’t followed me into adulthood)
7. I add chemical laden bottled chilli sauce to most things, and I start missing it when I travel out of Asia
What are your weird comfort foods from childhood? I am really curious to know.